Sunday, February 22, 2009

We decided to head to Salt Lake City for the day. Our first stop was TJ Maxx. Unfortunately I never seem to be able to find anything there I like, but Kevin found a couple shirts for a really good price. He also found some good Father's Day gifts for our dads! (Yea! That's done!) Next we headed over to my favorite store, Lane Bryant. I really needed a dress (and Kevin was tired of hearing me complain about that on Sunday mornings), so I tried on a bunch of dresses. There was one I really liked and one Kevin really liked. I was debating and my wonderful husband said, "Would you be happy if I bought you both?" Of course I said YES! So, I came home with two new dresses! These are what they look like;


Yeah for me!








After dress shopping, we went to Barnes and Noble for awhile. I always seem to enjoy looking at all the books, this particular day I spent the majority of my time in the cookbook section! I have decided that since we are going on 2 vacations this year we need to save money... So less eating out, and more eating in. I have started using the crockpot more and more! (If anyone has any tried and simple (and good) recipes for the crockpot please let me know! One of my friends showed me this website; http://365daysofcrockpot.blogspot.com/ but I haven't tried any of these recipes yet...

Then we headed to lunch! We met Jared (my cousin) and Emily and their cute kids at Famous Dave's (YUMMY!). Emily helped Kevin out with his last math test, and he got 105 out 100, so we told Emily we would treat her to lunch! This is what Jared, Emily, Kevin, and I shared;

We could have stopped right there, and that would have been a great day! But it got better! We went home and I was able to take a nice nap! I love taking naps when possible. After my nap we had a little dinner, and went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. It seems we can't go into Wal-Mart on a Saturday night without seeing a few people we know, we ended up talking to our friends Evan and Nicole for awhile in the dairy section. (They just got a dog and so did we, so we were comparing notes). After we came home and put groceries away we went and saw the movie "Taken". It's actually a really good movie. I don't like scary movies and that was my concern about seeing this one but it was more suspenseful then scary. Kevin really liked the movie! Saturday's like this make me wish we had more of them! I love spending the day with my husband and having fun! We neglected our house chores, so we'll have to make those up this week, but I think it was well worth it!

6 comments:

Carley said...

CUTE dresses! What a man to let you buy BOTH! Looks like you had fun...and yes, you have to neglect the house and all responsibility once in a while and have a little fun:)

Janet said...

What a fun day! I love your new dresses! Unfortunately I haven't used my crock pot very much. I think the things that have turned out the best have been baked potatoes or pot roasts. My favorite cookbook is the "America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook." Everything in there turns out so yummy and the recipes are easy. I use this cookbook just about every day. If you come across any good crock pot recipes you'll have to share them! ~Janet

the harpers said...

Jennifer!! I saw your blog on Facebook. Did you wear that super cute black dress with the white trim yesterday to church? I thought it was super cute!! I have a wonderful pork taco recipe for the crock pot!! I'll get you a copy! Send me your e-mail and I'll add you to our blog. kshinton1@yahoo.com

The Taylor Family said...

I love the dresses! I'm so glad you have stepped away from facebook for a few minutes to catch up on your blog!
I have missed reading about you and Kevin!

Nicole said...

Cute dresses! I like the crockpot menu items! I think I am going to have to try some of them! I am all about the easy cooking! THanks!

Phyllisa said...

I have a good/easy recipe for french dip.

Roast Beef
1/2 packet onion soup mix
2 cups water
mushrooms (if desired)

Place all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for at least 4 hours.

Serve on wheat rolls with provolone cheese. It's delicious!