Sunday, August 9, 2009

Easy Yummy Sunday Dinner!!

I know I always like good easy recipes shared with me, so here is one I want to share with you...

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff with Rice

1 1/2 lb boneless beef round steak, trimmed of fat and cut into bite size strip
2 tbsp onion soup mix
1 jar (14.5 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1. In 2-3 quart slow cooker, mix beef strips and dry soup mix until evenly coated. Top with mushrooms and soup.
2. Cover; cook on low heat setting 7-8 hours.
3. About 30 minutes before serving, cook rice. Just before serving, stir sour cream (cream cheese) into beef mixture. Serve over rice; sprinkle with chives.
1 serving: Calories 410, Total fat 11g, cholesterol 80 mg, sodium 1220 mg, total carbohydrate 47 g
(This recipe was very tasty! When I added the sour cream I added 4 oz of cream cheese at the same time. Cream cheese makes everything taste better! I also left out the chives. The steak was so tender.) Kevin added Worchestersire sauce to his and liked it a little better!

I made this for dinner last Sunday and it was so easy and good! I found it on the web site www.365daysofcrockpot.blogspot.com , one of my favorite sites to visit!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm totally posted this website on mygoodfriendsblog and giving you the credit. Thanks for the tip!